Download the episode here
In this episode we discuss the methods we use and the inspiration we draw from when we create a campaign setting
Things we mention in this episode are:
- Midnight Syndicate – Their music is available on Spotify
- Discography of Nine Inch Nails and Trent Reznor
- Discography of This Will Destroy You
- Discography of Mooncake
- Mount Everest Special – Ernest Hemingway’s sandwich, For Commanders Only
Clayton’s litany of questions when designing a campaign setting:
- What System?
- How long is this campaign going to last?
- Why make a new setting?
- What is different about the setting?
- What is the scale of the start of the campaign vs the end of the campaign?
- How long are the PCs going to spend in any particular place?
- (If fantasy or sci-fi) what races are available? How prevalent?
- How fantastic? How “realistic”?
- What do you expect from this fantasy campaign? What is your idea of fantasy? How is magic involved/how prevalent?
- What has been established? Are there wizards, haughty elves, dragons, etc. What fantasy memes, tropes, etc are we going to follow?
- How must the System be changed to accomplish this
- Shorten the pre-game information that the players need to know down to 10 bullet points.